The Combined Art Societies of Sydney
Randwick Art Society (RAS) joined the Combined Art Societies of Sydney (CASS) in late 2012, becoming the thirteenth art society to join this group of fourteen member societies. CASS is run by a small group of dedicated and enthusiastic Art Society members who are “passionate about furnishing the means for all artists to improve and showcase their work”. Their aim is to “unite and strengthen the standing of art societies in our community, to gain greater recognition for art societies, and to encourage a standard of excellence among individual artists within our societies”.
Membership of this Society offers a number of benefits to Randwick Art Society members, including opportunities to participate in a range of CASS activities, such as:
- Annual ‘Art of Sydney Awards’ Exhibition: Members of Randwick Art Society are encouraged to participate in the annual ‘Art of Sydney Awards’ Exhibition, which is held at the Australian Maritime Museum in January each year. This exhibition showcases artworks from all member art societies. All paintings are for sale and are judged by a visiting judge. Awards are presented on Opening Night. Since joining CASS, many Randwick Art Society members have submitted works to this Exhibition; with several members achieving sales and awards each year.
- 2019 Entry Form CASS Art of Sydney Awards – Visit our ‘Downloads’ page to obtain an Entry Form for the 2019 Art of Sydney Awards.
- ‘ArtDirect’ Open Studio Month: CASS ArtDirect is a month-long art trail, which offers a unique opportunity to visit the art studios of Sydney artists and explore the culture and character of Sydney’s communities from the Central Coast to the North Shore, from the Nepean to Randwick and south through St George to the Macarthur area. For more details visit www.cassartdirect.com.au
- 2018 CASS ‘Art Direct’ RAS Exhibition – Visit our ‘What’s On’ page for information about the 2018 CASS Art Direct – RAS Exhibition, 8th-14th October 2018, at the TAP Gallery Surry Hills.
- ‘ART at The TOP’ and ‘Art in Action’ workshops and demonstrations weekends: Each year in May, CASS hosts a weekend of inspiring workshops and demonstrations. These weekends are an exciting and established event in Sydney’s Art Calendar. All mediums, styles, subject matter and methods may be offered including watercolour, oils, acrylic, pastel, and mixed media.
For more details about CASS activities Email Randwick Art Society or visit the CASS website www.combinedartsocieties.com