CASS Art OF Sydney Exhibition ONLINE
The Combined Art Societies of Sydney (CASS) has decided this year they will not hold their traditional Art of Sydney exhibition at Darling Harbour. Rather, they will run a virtual exhibition and competition online. The online Exhibition will open to the public in Jan and Feb 2021.
Members wanting to know more and wishing to enter should go to the following link: https://artofsydneyexhibition.com/members/.
Among other things, members will see that:
- The Exhibition is open to entry applications now and closes on 1 Dec 2020;
- There are a number of categories, as in the past;
- Photographs of works to be entered have to be uploaded to a dedicated website in due course;
- If works are sold, the artist is responsible to forward the works to the buyer;
- When determining sale price, members should consider the CASS sale commission and any potential courier or postage costs, if sold;
- Works will be judged by John Haycraft.
We encourage members to take advantage of this opportunity. Right now you can go through your more recent works that may be eligible, or just get stuck into lots of painting or drawing.
In particular, members should carefully read the Terms and Conditions found on the web site as these set out the relevant requirements. Members will also see that entry applications are made online – look for the large orange Entry Application box or visit this link https://artofsydneyexhibition.com/members/entry-application/
We wish you happy art making and Good Luck !
The Combined Art Societies of Sydney
Randwick Art Society (RAS) joined the Combined Art Societies of Sydney (CASS) in late 2012, becoming the thirteenth art society to join this group of fourteen member societies. CASS is run by a small group of dedicated and enthusiastic Art Society members who are “passionate about furnishing the means for all artists to improve and showcase their work”. Their aim is to “unite and strengthen the standing of art societies in our community, to gain greater recognition for art societies, and to encourage a standard of excellence among individual artists within our societies”.
Membership of this Society offers a number of benefits to Randwick Art Society members, including opportunities to participate in a range of CASS activities, such as:
- Annual ‘Art of Sydney Awards’ Exhibition: Members of Randwick Art Society are encouraged to participate in the annual ‘Art of Sydney Awards’ Exhibition, which is held at the Australian Maritime Museum in January each year. This exhibition showcases artworks from all member art societies. All paintings are for sale and are judged by a visiting judge. Awards are presented on Opening Night. Since joining CASS, many Randwick Art Society members have submitted works to this Exhibition; with several members achieving sales and awards each year.
- 2020 Online Entry Form CASS Art of Sydney Awards: Visit our CASS Online Entry page to submit your Entry Application.
- ‘ArtDirect’ Open Studio Month: CASS ArtDirect is a month-long art trail, which offers a unique opportunity to visit the art studios of Sydney artists and explore the culture and character of Sydney’s communities from the Central Coast to the North Shore, from the Nepean to Randwick and south through St George to the Macarthur area. For more details visit www.cassartdirect.com.au
- 2019 CASS ‘Art Direct’ RAS Exhibition: Visit our ‘What’s On’ page for information about the 2019 CASS Art Direct – RAS Exhibition, 5th-7th October 2019, at the Randwick Literary Institute.
- ‘ART at The TOP’ and ‘Art in Action’ workshops and demonstrations weekends: Each year in May, CASS hosts a weekend of inspiring workshops and demonstrations. These weekends are an exciting and established event in Sydney’s Art Calendar. All mediums, styles, subject matter and methods may be offered including watercolour, oils, acrylic, pastel, and mixed media.